Profile of Participants
Social and environmental responsibility is part of every job. Whether you are in Human Resources, Finance, Marketing or Communications this field will have an impact on the manner in which you do business. Participants in this program come from a variety of occupations and business sectors, as well as, government and not for profit organizations. International, occupational and sector diversity in our program creates a dynamic and engaging learning environment. Below are examples of graduates, their motivations for attending and the ongoing impact on their careers.
Leadingyour Organization toward CSR Sustainability
CSR Manager, The Americas,
Flight Centre Travel Group
“The program offered me the framework I needed to better plan and implement a Community Investment Strategy (C.I.S) for Flight Centre Travel Group. Most importantly in my case, I learned how best to galvanize our coast to coast stakeholders and reinforce the roll out of our various and ongoing CSR initiatives.Finally, soon after graduation I was promoted to CSR Manager for Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) – The Americas."
Shiftingyour Career toward Purpose
VP Global Corporate Responsibility, Milliman
“This program has been so influential on my organization and career. Soon after joining the program I was promoted to VP, Global Corporate Responsibility. I presented my Module 2 Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks evaluation to my senior leadership team to inform our strategy, and I passed the Sustainability Associate exam with the International Society of Sustainability Professionals during the program. My Capstone project was a study of CSR/Sustainability practices in professional service firms. The results outline a path forward. This program is helping me make a real difference.”
Startinga New Career in CSR & Sustainability
Masters in Environmental Science, Oxford University
“This program gave me the opportunity to understand the practical development and implementation of CSR/Sustainability in an organization.
The program opened many doors for me. I gained a valuable network, a more thorough understanding of the career opportunities ahead and practical skills I can use now.
It is an excellent foundation on which to build by career as a CSR/Sustainability professional.”
Qualified applicants typically have at least one post secondary diploma or degree and some experience (corporate or not for profit) in at least one of the areas that fall under the CSR/Sustainability umbrella. However, all applications will be given consideration and we encourage individuals from all backgrounds (finance, marketing, communications, human resources, etc.) to apply.
If this is your first formal post secondary credential, but you have many years of experience in your field, we will consider your application under our Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition Process.
Selection of Applicants
We only take 40 applicants each year. Successful applicants:
- There are many good applications. Early applications gain priority treatment.
Clearly articulate personal learning objectives and experience.
- We genuinely want this experience to have a positive impact on your career and social/environmental responsibility on the planet. Tell us how the program will help you "lead", "shift" or "start" a practice in social/environmental responsibility.
Tell us why this program is important to them.
- Many of our successful applicants have demonstrated a genuine commitment to making a difference in the world. Even simple acts matter. Maybe you volunteer in your community or at work or led an environmental initiative. Tell us how this program is aligned with your personal values and beliefs, your impact to date and how you hope to make a difference in the world.
Come from a cross section of sectors and from around the globe.
- Diversity is a strength of our program. Successful applicants come from a variety of sectors, occupations and places around the world. Past participants have come from the technology sector to consumer goods, from cities to the United Nations, from government to educational institutions, individuals and consultants have also participated in the program. Below is a sample list of organizations who have participated in the program.
Sample of Participating Organizations
- Atlantic Lottery
- Bank of Montreal
- Bluedrop Learning Networks
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Canada Goose
- C.B. Richard Ellis
- City of Mississauga
- City of Toronto
- Corporate Flight Centre
- Crescent Point Energy
- Dalhousie University
- Enbridge Pipelines Inc.
- Farm Credit Canada
- Greater Toronto Airport Authority
- Guyana Goldfields Inc.
- Government of Canada
- Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Loblaw Companies
- Manulife Financial
- Nova Scotia Provincial Lotteries and Casino Corporation
- Oxford Properties
- Ricoh Canada
- Rogers Communications
- Ryerson University
- SaskTel and SaskPower
- The Co-Operators
- TD Bank
- United Nations
- University of Calgary
- Vermillion Energy
- Walmart Canada
- Whirlpool Canada
“This program gave me a great overview of CSR & Sustainability concepts and issues. It connected me with leaders around the globe who are also looking to do business in a different way. It's given me a new perspective and tools in my current role. This program will be a huge asset as I take on more CSR & Sustainability work.”
Kevin Spafford, Manager, Social Impact, Green Shield Canada